Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: How does Medi-Cal work?
On the next Your Call, we’ll look at the program that serves over 8 million poor and disabled Californians. Why does the state pay the lowest Medicaid reimbursement rates in the nation? Will providers continue to serve Medi-Cal patients as rates are cut further? And how will the system handle an influx of new patients as the Affordable Care Act goes into effect? Join the conversation and get your questions answered on the next Your Call, with Hana Baba, and you.
Laurel Lucia, policy analyst at UC Berkeley Labor Center
Cary Sanders, Director of Policy Analysis at California Pan-Ethnic Health Network
Alameda County Health Program: HealthPAC
Contact HealthPAC at 1-877-879-9633, Monday – Friday, 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Covered California: Health Insurance Calculator
San Francisco PATH Contact SF PATH at 415-615-4510