Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Today on Your Call: How does Medicare work? And what is in store for its future?
On today's Your Call, we’ll talk about the Medicare system--how it currently functions and how it was changed under the Affordable Care Act. Republican VP candidate Paul Ryan has proposed a privatized voucher system. But critics say that could quickly become unaffordable for most seniors. If you’re on Medicare or will be soon, what’s your opinion of how it should work? Join us at 10am PST or post a comment here. It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Trudy Lieberman former director of the health and medical reporting program at the Graduate School of Journalism, City University of New York
Igor Volsky, deputy editor of ThinkProgress.org
Columbia Journalism Review: Medicare, Paul Ryan, and beyond: a primer
Columbia Journalism Review: Medicare and the $716 billion bogeyman
Prepared Patient Forum: Seniors Will Be Paying More for Their Health Care
Think Progress: Ryan Touts Medicare Program He Wants To End At Florida Rally
CNN Money: Whose Medicare plan cuts more?