Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Today on Your Call: How does the U.S. banking system work?
On today’s Your Call, we continue our Agenda for a new economy series by talking about the history of banking and what it will take to prevent another meltdown. The six largest banks are bigger than they were before the financial crisis of 2008. So how safe is the banking system? What do you want to know about how banks work? And how do you make your banking decisions? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Anat Admati, professor of Finance and Economics at the Stanford Graduate School of Business
Tim Canova, professor of Law and Public Finance at the Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center in Florida
Tim Canova: Public Banking 2013