Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Today on Your Call: How does US food and farm policy affect the world?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Raj Patel, author of “Stuffed and Starved: The Hidden Battle for the World food System" and Daniel Imhoff, author of "Food Fight: The Citizen’s Guide to Food and Farm Bill.” The US Farm Bill is currently being discussed by the Senate. How does the Farm Bill affect our food system? Who is behind crop subsidies? Why does it matter for the environment, the economy, and public health? Join us at 10 PST or leave a comment here. What do you want to know about the Food and Farm Bill? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Raj Patel, a writer, activist and a visiting scholar at UC Berkeley’s Center for African Studies. He is the author of "Stuffed and Starved: The Hidden Battle for the World Food System" and his latest, "The Value of Nothing.'
Dan Imhoff, a researcher, author, and independent publisher who has concentrated for nearly 20 years on issues related to farming, the environment, and design. He is the author of numerous books including "Food Fight: The Citizen’s Guide to Food and Farm Bill."
Dan Imhoff, Huffington Post: Four Ways the Farm Bill Makes Me Crazy
Tom Laskawy, Grist: Feds to farmers: Grow GMO beets or face sugar shortage