Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
Today on Your Call: How far have we advanced in the struggle for transgender civil rights?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about Transgender rights. California Assembly Bill 1266, which went into effect on January 1st, prohibits public schools from discriminating on the basis of specified characteristics, including gender, gender identity, and gender expression. How is this law being received and what kind of difference is it making? And what challenges do transgender people face? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Ilona Turner, legal director at Transgender Law Center
Joel Baum, director of Education and Training for Gender Spectrum
Eli Erlick, transgender activist, and director of Trans Student Equality Resources
The A&T Register: Extending the rights of transgender minors