Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: How have the food giants hooked us on salt, sugar, and fat?
On the next Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Michael Moss about his new book, Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us. He traces the rise of processed food in the US, detailing how food industry giants use science, sophisticated marketing and lobbying to get people hooked on their products. How do they do it? What are the broader social and health implications of processed foods loaded with these key ingredients? And how is this industry regulated? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Michael Moss, NY Times investigative reporter
The New York Times: The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food
The Huffington Post: Processing Food, Processing... You?!
Publisher Weekly: 10 Food Secrets You Need to Know