Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: How much technology can one city take?
On today's Your Call, we’ll speak with journalist David Talbot about San Francisco ’s digital gold rush, which he says is causing the city to struggle for its soul. His latest piece has caused quite a stir. He reports that the new tech boom has added $6 billion to the city’s tax roll over the past year, but rents are soaring and people are being squeezed out of town. Do you like what technology is doing to your city? Join us at 10 am PST or leave a comment here. It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar and you.
David Talbot, the founder of salon.com and the author, most recently, of Season of the Witch
SF Magazine: How Much Tech Can One City Take?
SF Chronicle: S.F. tech companies to hold open house