Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Today on Your Call: How is Poverty Changing the US?
On the next Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with poverty advocate Ethel Long-Scott and Professor Cornel West. Dr. West and Tavis Smiley have written their first book together. The Rich and the Rest of Us: A Poverty Manifesto is the next step in the journey that began with "The Poverty Tour: A Call to Conscience. Over 150 million Americans are persistently poor or near poor. What effective strategies are needed to fight poverty at its roots? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. What causes poverty? How can the underlying conditions of systemic poverty be challenged? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you
Ethel Long-Scott, executive director of the Women's Economic Agenda Project
Cornel West, author of 17 books, co-host of Smiley & West, professor of Philosophy and Christian Practice at Union Theological Seminary in NYC
Tavis Smiley and Cornel West: The Rich and the Rest of Us: A Poverty Manifesto
On Saturday, April 28th at 6pm, Tavis Smiley and Cornel West will speak about their new book at The Paramount Theatre in Oakland. Register for the event here.