Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Today on Your Call: How is the president using his executive power?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have conversation with Bruce Ackerman, a prominent constitutional scholar and the author of “We the People: the Civil Rights Revolution.” He says President Obama has forgotten the Constitution in formulating his policy on the NSA and that this is a good time to consider serious reform. So how does president Obama differ from his processors? And based on the US constitution, what powers does the president hold? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar.
Bruce Ackerman, Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science at Yale
Huffington Post: Presidential Power Grabs: Their Causes and Cure
LA Times: Surveillance and the FISA court
Huffington Post: Obama: Congress Must Finish The Minimum Wage Job