Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Today on Your Call: How Should Cities Deal With the Growing Elderly Homeless Population?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about older homeless people. Their numbers are expected to double by 2050, but they are rarely mentioned when we discuss the homeless population. Who are they? And what factors are contributing to the rise in homelessness among old people? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. What programs are in place to help this vulnerable and growing segment of the society? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
James Powell, a case manager with the Canon Kip Senior Center
Barbara Coleman, an activist working to improve conditions for homeless people in the Tenderloin, she volunteers with the St. Anthony Foundation, the Tenderloin Garden Project, and Senior & Disability Action
Adrienne Beloin, director of outreach at Hearth, Inc.
The Nation: Old, Female and Homeless
Homeless Services: Mission Neighborhood Health Center