Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
Today on Your Call: How should unions use their political clout?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the role of unions in the presidential elections. Unions are spending more than $400M to help reelect President Obama. How are unions using their political dollars? And what is it getting them? Join us at 10am PST or leave a comment here. What role should unions play in electoral politics? It’s Your, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Bill Fletcher, a racial justice, labor, and international activist and writer. He is the author of They're Bankrupting Us - And Twenty Other Myths about Unions.
Mike Elk, an award winning labor journalist and staff writer for In These Times
Aljazeera: The Decline of Union Power
In These Times: At 35,000-Member Rally, AFL-CIO Attempts the Herculean