Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Today on Your Call: How should unions use their political clout?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the role of unions in the presidential elections. Unions are spending more than $400M to help reelect President Obama. How are unions using their political dollars? And what is it getting them? Join us at 10am PST or leave a comment here. What role should unions play in electoral politics? It’s Your, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Bill Fletcher, a racial justice, labor, and international activist and writer. He is the author of They're Bankrupting Us - And Twenty Other Myths about Unions.
Mike Elk, an award winning labor journalist and staff writer for In These Times
Aljazeera: The Decline of Union Power
In These Times: At 35,000-Member Rally, AFL-CIO Attempts the Herculean