Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Proposition 30, proposition 38, Taxes, budget cuts
Today on Your Call: How should we change California's tax system?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about tax propositions 30 and 38. They aim to increase the personal income tax in California and use the extra revenue to fund education. If one of these doesn't pass, schools will see even more cuts. How would these propositions tackle the budget crisis and cuts to education? Join us live at 10 or send an email to email@example.com. How are you going to vote on the tax initiatives? And what happens if both Prop 30 and 38 Pass in November? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Sharon Scott Dow, Director Of Governmental Relations with public policy change organization, Advancement Project, one of the endorsers of prop 38
Joshua Pechthalt, the president of California Federation of Teachers and one of the backers of prop 30
San Jose Mercury: Propositions 30 and 38 go head to head