Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Proposition 30, proposition 38, Taxes, budget cuts
Today on Your Call: How should we change California's tax system?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about tax propositions 30 and 38. They aim to increase the personal income tax in California and use the extra revenue to fund education. If one of these doesn't pass, schools will see even more cuts. How would these propositions tackle the budget crisis and cuts to education? Join us live at 10 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. How are you going to vote on the tax initiatives? And what happens if both Prop 30 and 38 Pass in November? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Sharon Scott Dow, Director Of Governmental Relations with public policy change organization, Advancement Project, one of the endorsers of prop 38
Joshua Pechthalt, the president of California Federation of Teachers and one of the backers of prop 30
San Jose Mercury: Propositions 30 and 38 go head to head