Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: How should we respond to mass shootings?
On the next Your Call, we’ll talk about the recent mass shooting in Colorado and how we should be responding. There have been 60 mass shootings in the United States since January 2011. President Obama believes the solution is in better enforcement of existing gun laws. How have leaders of other nations responded to similar incidents of gun violence? Join us at 10am PST or post a comment here. What could we do, as a society, to prevent gun violence? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Ian Mitroff, a Senior Investigator in the Center for Catastrophic Risk Management, University of California, Berkeley
Patricia Maisch, a witness of the shooting in Tucson, Arizona 2011
Synnove Nesse, psychologist and crisis management expert from Norway
Gun Policy: Norway — Gun Facts, Figures and the Law
Huffington Post: Obama Addresses Gun Control Following Aurora Shooting (VIDEO)