Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Women and girls in pop culture and media
Today on Your Call: How should we respond to the sexualization of women and girls in the media?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with the makers of the film, MissRepresentation, a documentary about the increasingly sexualized portrayals of women and girls in popular culture and news media and the continued absence of women in critical leadership roles. How are these trends affecting our society--especially youth? How do they impact you or those around you? And how can we shift them? Join us at 10 or email email@example.com. It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan, and you.
Regina Kulik Scully, executive producer of “MissRepresentation”
Meenakshi Gigi Durham, professor in the School of Journalism at University of Iowa and author of “The Lolita Effect: Why the Media Sexualize Young Girls and What You Can Do About It”
Devanshi Patel, sophomore at Stanford University