Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
Today on Your Call: How will Deferred Action affect the lives of undocumented youth in the US?
On today's Your Call, we’ll talk about the new program that allows a limited path to employment for immigrant youth. It is being called the “Dream Act, lite.” Is this a step towards more comprehensive immigration reform? Or is it just an election-year strategy to win votes? Join us at 10am PST or post a comment here. What is the ongoing reality of undocumented people in the US today? It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan, and you.
Jose Arreola, outreach manager with Educators for Fair Consideration
Julianne Hing, reporter and blogger for Colorlines.com
Laura Lopez, student legal advocate with Educators for Fair Consideration
Uprising Radio: Erick Huerta on Undocumented Youth Applying for “Deferred Action”
Marketplace: Secret Keeps Man on Margins of the Economy
Mobilize.org: Undocumented, but Not Alone
KALW Crosscurrents: Undocumented student activist wants public to wake up to the DREAM
International Business Times: Deferred Action Won't Go Far In Arizona: Gov. Jan Brewer Bans Illegal Immigrants From Public Benefits, IDs