Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
State of the State
Today on Your Call: How will Jerry Brown’s budget plan affect California over the next year?
On today's Your Call, we’ll air a live broadcast of Governor Jerry Brown’s State of the State address and then open the lines for questions and responses. The state now faces a 9.2 billion dollar deficit. Brown is hoping to raise more revenue through tax increases. But that will have to be approved by voters in November. In the meantime, where will budget cuts hit the hardest? Join us at 10 or email email@example.com. What do you hope for California in 2012? It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan, and you.
Dan Walters, political columnist with the Sacramento Bee