Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
State of the State
Today on Your Call: How will Jerry Brown’s budget plan affect California over the next year?
On today's Your Call, we’ll air a live broadcast of Governor Jerry Brown’s State of the State address and then open the lines for questions and responses. The state now faces a 9.2 billion dollar deficit. Brown is hoping to raise more revenue through tax increases. But that will have to be approved by voters in November. In the meantime, where will budget cuts hit the hardest? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. What do you hope for California in 2012? It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan, and you.
Dan Walters, political columnist with the Sacramento Bee