Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
State of the State
Today on Your Call: How will Jerry Brown's new budget restore funds to social services?
On today's Your Call we’ll be responding to Jerry Brown's State of the State address. The deficit is gone, but many Californians are still reeling from the deep cuts of the last two years. Brown calls his new budget a “breakthrough.” But how will he restore funding to social services? Join us at 10am Pacific or post a comment here. What do you hope the new state budget will prioritize? It's Your Call, with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Anthony Wright, executive director for Health Access California and co-leader of The Health and Human Services Network of California
Lenny Goldberg, executive director of the California Tax Reform Association and owner of a public interest lobbying firm, Lenny Goldberg and Associates.