Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
Today On Your Call: How would California Governor Brown's tax initiative affect the state's budget?
On today’s Your Call, we'll have a conversation about the compromise measure that would increase the state sales tax and income taxes on California’s highest earners. Governor Brown and his allies must collect more than 800,000 signatures by mid-May to qualify for the November ballot. Who will benefit if this tax initiative passes and who will be left behind? Do you support it? It's Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Mark Paul, journalist and the co-author of California Crackup: How Reform Broke the Golden State and How We Can Fix It
Lenny Goldberg, leading California tax expert, and executive director of the California Tax Reform Association
Daniel B. Wood, Christian Science Monitor: Tax the rich ... more? Why Jerry Brown changed his plan to save California.
David Siders, Sacramento Bee: Jerry Brown turns to robocalls and mailers to qualify his tax initiative
Nanette Asimov, SF Chronicle: Cal State to close door on spring 2013 enrollment