Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Today on Your Call: Is it possible to protect our privacy?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with investigative reporter Julia Angwin about her new book, Dragnet Nation: A Quest for Privacy, Security, and Freedom in a World of Relentless Surveillance. With the NSA, Google, Facebook, and other private companies collecting massive amounts of information, is it possible to avoid ubiquitous surveillance? What does privacy mean in today’s hyper connected world? Join on the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Julia Angwin, award-winning investigative journalist at the independent news organization ProPublica