Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: media ownership and US-Russia relations
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week we’ll discuss media coverage of Amazon's CEO, Jeff Bezos buying the Washington Post. He is not the first billionaire adding media outfits to his portfolio. What does the trend mean for the future of journalism? We’ll also talk about US Russia relations after Edward Snowden was granted asylum. We’ll be joined by the Seattle Times’ Jay Greene, the Nations’ John Nichols and Christian Science Monitor’s Fred Weir. Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Jay Greene, the Seattle Times business reporter
John Nichols, the Washington correspondent for The Nation
Fred Weir, Moscow correspondent for the Christian Science Monitor
Christian Science Monitor: Could LGBT issues be the bigger takeaway from Obama's snub of Putin?