Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Today on Your Call: Protests in Ukraine and the new budget
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss coverage of the new budget deal, which will not renew unemployment benefits for 1.3 million jobless Americans. We’ll also discuss the growing low-wage worker movement for higher wages in the US and the ongoing mass protests in Ukraine. We’ll be joined by the Huffington Post’s Michael McAuliff, In These Times’ Mike Elk and the Christian Science Monitor’s Fred Weir. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Mike Elk, labor journalist for In These Times
Fred Weir, Moscow correspondent for the Christian Science Monitor
Michael McAuliff, senior congressional correspondent for the Huffington Post
In These Times: Volkswagen Tied to Another Anti-Union Group
Huffington Post: Budget Deal Passed By House, Heads To Senate
Christian Science Monitor: Putin to Ukraine: the door's still open to a trade pact (+video)
Deutsche Welle: Russian media distort events in Ukraine
BillMoyers.com: fast-food workers