Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Hedrick Smith REBROADCAST
Today on Your Call: Rebroadcast--What will it take to shift power back to the people?
On today's Your Call we’ll rebroadcast a conversation we had with Pulitzer-prize winning, former New York Times journalist Hedrick Smith about his new book, "Who Stole the American Dream?" We’ll talk about what Smith uncovered in his research as he examined the last four decades of corporate and political power and how that led to “the dismantling of the American dream.” With politicians ignoring public opinion, and the middle class shrinking, where do we go from here? What does the “American Dream” mean to you? It’s Your Call with Matt Martin, and you.
Hedrick Smith, former New York Times and Pulitzer prize-winning journalist
Harvard Business Review: Envy and the American Dream