Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Hedrick Smith REBROADCAST
Today on Your Call: Rebroadcast--What will it take to shift power back to the people?
On today's Your Call we’ll rebroadcast a conversation we had with Pulitzer-prize winning, former New York Times journalist Hedrick Smith about his new book, "Who Stole the American Dream?" We’ll talk about what Smith uncovered in his research as he examined the last four decades of corporate and political power and how that led to “the dismantling of the American dream.” With politicians ignoring public opinion, and the middle class shrinking, where do we go from here? What does the “American Dream” mean to you? It’s Your Call with Matt Martin, and you.
Hedrick Smith, former New York Times and Pulitzer prize-winning journalist
Harvard Business Review: Envy and the American Dream