Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: Should the death penalty be abolished in California?
On today's Your Call, we’ll continue our election coverage with a debate on Proposition 34, which would repeal the death penalty and replace it with life imprisonment without parole. It would also apply retroactively to the sentences of the 725 people currently on California’s Death row. Supporters of Prop 34 say it will save the state money. Opponents say it is not fair to victims and their family members. Join us at 10am Pacific or post a comment here. Do you think it's time to abolish California’s Death Penalty? It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan, and you.
Natasha Minsker, campaign manager Yes on 34
Kent Scheidegger, Legal Director of the Criminal Justice Legal Foundation
SAFE California -- Yes on 34
SF Gate: Death Row inmates oppose Prop. 34