Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Orcas in captivity
Today on Your Call: Should orcas be held in captivity?
On today's Your Call, we’ll speak with David Kirby about his new book, Death at SeaWorld: Shamu and the Dark Side of Killer Whales in Captivity. In 2010, a captive 12,000 pound orca killed the well known trainer Dawn Brancheau at Sea World Orlando. Her death may lead to significant changes at marine mammal parks. It also sparked a heated debate about whether the world’s top predator should be held captive. Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Where do you stand on this issue? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
David Kirby, author of Death at SeaWorld: Shamu and the Dark Side of Killer Whales in Captivity
Huffington Post: NEW POLL: Only 1-in-4 Americans Support Orca Captivity
Rose Aguilar in conversation with David Kirby at The Hub in San Francisco, July 25th, 7pm --Free! Sign up.