Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: The standoff between Iran, Israel, and the West
On today's Your Call, we’ll have conversation about the recent rounds of sanctions on Iran. In response, Iran has threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz through which 20 percent of global oil supplies pass. How are the sanctions impacting Iran’s economy? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. How alarming is the standoff between Iran and the West? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Kaveh Ehsani, assistant Professor of International Studies at DePaul University
Chris Toensing, executive director of the Washington-based Middle East Research and Information Project and editor of its quarterly magazine, Middle East Report
Chris Toensing, MERIP: Ratcheting Up the Rhetoric on Iran
Jeff Glekin, Reuter: Indian economy could gain from Iran sanctions
Shirzad Bozorgmehr and Moni Basu, CNN: Sanctions take toll on ordinary Iranians
Kevin Brass, The National: Sanctions spur surge of Iranians buying luxury homes in Dubai
Christoph Sydow, Spiegel : Sanctions Benefit Iran's Revolutionary Guards