Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a hands-on approach to STEM education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Today on Your Call: US-Iran relations and the government shutdown
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of the government shutdown. How are the media shaping the conversation about the federal budget, the debt ceiling, and cuts? We’ll also talk about coverage of US-Iran relations. We’ll be joined by New Yorker’s Laura Secor, Moyers & Company's Joshua Holland and the Center for Public Integrity’s Dave Levinthal. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Join the conversation and call in with your questions on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Laura Secor, an independent journalist who covers Iran's politics and culture for the New Yorker
Joshua Holland, senior digital producer at BillMoyers.com, and host of Politics and Reality Radio
Dave Levinthal, senior political reporter with the Center for Public Integrity where he leads the source project investigating the influence of money in politics
The New Yorker: Why Obama Should Meet Iran’s President
BillMoyers.com: The Shutdown and “He Said-She Said” Reporting
Center for Public Integrity: Government shutdown shrinks FEC to just four employees