Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Today on Your Call: Wal-Mart Protests and bombing Syria
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of the latest Walmart protests happening in over 15 cities. How are workers rights covered by major media outlets? We’ll also talk about how the media are covering the Obama administration’s plans for to strike Syria. We’ll be joined by MClatchy’s Mark Seibel, The Nation’s Lee Fang and In These Times’ Mike Elk. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you
Mike Elk, labor journalist for In These Times.
Lee Fang, reporting fellow with The Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute. He covers money in politics, conservative movements and lobbying.
Mark Seibel, Chief of Correspondents for the McClatchy Newspapers
Jadaliyya: Syria News Update (4 September 2013)
In These Times: For Union Members, Defeat at Crystal Sugar Anything But Sweet