Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Where is San Francisco's transportation system headed?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: Wal-Mart Protests and bombing Syria
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of the latest Walmart protests happening in over 15 cities. How are workers rights covered by major media outlets? We’ll also talk about how the media are covering the Obama administration’s plans for to strike Syria. We’ll be joined by MClatchy’s Mark Seibel, The Nation’s Lee Fang and In These Times’ Mike Elk. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you
Mike Elk, labor journalist for In These Times.
Lee Fang, reporting fellow with The Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute. He covers money in politics, conservative movements and lobbying.
Mark Seibel, Chief of Correspondents for the McClatchy Newspapers
Jadaliyya: Syria News Update (4 September 2013)
In These Times: For Union Members, Defeat at Crystal Sugar Anything But Sweet