Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: Wal-Mart Protests and bombing Syria
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of the latest Walmart protests happening in over 15 cities. How are workers rights covered by major media outlets? We’ll also talk about how the media are covering the Obama administration’s plans for to strike Syria. We’ll be joined by MClatchy’s Mark Seibel, The Nation’s Lee Fang and In These Times’ Mike Elk. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you
Mike Elk, labor journalist for In These Times.
Lee Fang, reporting fellow with The Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute. He covers money in politics, conservative movements and lobbying.
Mark Seibel, Chief of Correspondents for the McClatchy Newspapers
Jadaliyya: Syria News Update (4 September 2013)
In These Times: For Union Members, Defeat at Crystal Sugar Anything But Sweet