Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Today on Your Call: What is Amazon’s agenda?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about how the largest internet retailer is transforming business. Amazon’s model of deep discounts has allowed it to become the dominant book retailer. What allows the company to offer so many discounts? Are you an Amazon shopper? Join us at 10am PST or post a comment here. We’ll also talk about how Amazon has used its political power to avoid sales taxes and other regulations. Where is Amazon headed next? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Steve Wasserman, editor-at-large for Yale University Press and former editor of the Los Angeles Times Book Review
Jim Brunner, political reporter with Seattle Times, which published a four-part series on Amazon.com's corporate practices
Seattle Times: States fight back against Amazon.com's tax deals
The Nation: The Amazon Effect
Bloomberg: Amazon's Hit Man