Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: What is Amazon’s agenda?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about how the largest internet retailer is transforming business. Amazon’s model of deep discounts has allowed it to become the dominant book retailer. What allows the company to offer so many discounts? Are you an Amazon shopper? Join us at 10am PST or post a comment here. We’ll also talk about how Amazon has used its political power to avoid sales taxes and other regulations. Where is Amazon headed next? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Steve Wasserman, editor-at-large for Yale University Press and former editor of the Los Angeles Times Book Review
Jim Brunner, political reporter with Seattle Times, which published a four-part series on Amazon.com's corporate practices
Seattle Times: States fight back against Amazon.com's tax deals
The Nation: The Amazon Effect
Bloomberg: Amazon's Hit Man