Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: What are the legacies of ‘No Child Left Behind’ and ‘Race to the Top’?
On today's Your Call we’ll talk to Diane Ravitch, former assistant secretary of Education and author of Reign of Error: The Hoax of the Privatization Movement and the Danger to America’s Public Schools. She says federal education programs and the movement toward privatizing schools have set up public schools, teachers, and students for failure. What effects of these programs are you seeing in your schools? What do you think education policy should be focused on? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Diane Ravitch, former assistant secretary of Education and author of Reign of Error: The Hoax of the Privatization Movement and the Danger to America’s Public Schools
**Diane Ravitch will be speaking in Berkeley at MLK Middle School on Saturday September 28th at 7pm. And at an all-day event on the Stanford campus on Monday September 30th. See her website for details.
Big Think: Diane Ravitch
Washington Post: Report: Race to the Top isn’t delivering big results
YouTube: The Progressive Pulse -- Conversation with Diane Ravitch