Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: What are the realities for restaurant workers?
On today's Your Call we’ll have a conversation with Saru Jayaraman about her new book, "Behind the Kitchen Door." She says “Despite the surge of interest in sustainable, healthy food, most Americans are totally unaware of the horribly exploitative working conditions in restaurants.” If you’re a restaurant worker, what do you want people to understand? How can we improve conditions on both sides of the kitchen door? It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan and you.
Saru Jayaraman, co-founder of Restaurant Opportunities Centers United (ROC), director of the Food Labor Research Center at UC Berkeley, and author of Behind the Kitchen Door
Woong Chang, is a restaurant worker and ROC worker-member representative on the board