Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Today on Your Call: What are the realities for restaurant workers?
On today's Your Call we’ll have a conversation with Saru Jayaraman about her new book, "Behind the Kitchen Door." She says “Despite the surge of interest in sustainable, healthy food, most Americans are totally unaware of the horribly exploitative working conditions in restaurants.” If you’re a restaurant worker, what do you want people to understand? How can we improve conditions on both sides of the kitchen door? It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan and you.
Saru Jayaraman, co-founder of Restaurant Opportunities Centers United (ROC), director of the Food Labor Research Center at UC Berkeley, and author of Behind the Kitchen Door
Woong Chang, is a restaurant worker and ROC worker-member representative on the board