Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today On Your Call: What are the realities of walking while black or brown in the US ?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about why people of color are automatically suspect in our society. The killing of Trayvon Martin has sparked a much needed conversation about these issues. What conversations are you having and hearing? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. How has this affected your interactions and encounters? And where should this conversation go from here? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.Guests:
Nubia Bowe, a high school graduate and a current Ella Baker Center for Human Rights Heal The Streets Leadership Fellow
Unity Lewis, a hip hop artist, painter and also a participant in out Question Bridge project.
Chris Johson, a local artist who co-created the Question Bridge: Black Males exhibit now showing at the Oakland Museum.