Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: What are San Francisco values -- and where did they come from?
On today’s Your Call, Holly Kernan talks with David Talbot, founder of Salon.com, and author of the new book Season of the Witch: Enchantment, Terror and Deliverance in the City of Love. Talbot chronicles the turbulent times from 1967 to 1982 in Northern California and how some of the hippies, outcast and healers of the 60s became the bombers and murderers of the 70s. What’s the continuing impact of those times on Northern California? And what are San Francisco values today?
David Talbot will be doing a book signing right after the show at 12:30 on Wednesday, May 30th at Alexander Books in San Francisco. He's also doing a book talk and reading at Book Passage in SF on Thurs. June 7 at 6 pm, and another at Copperfield Books in Petaluma on Friday June 8 at 7 pm.