Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What are transgender people facing today?
On today's Your Call, we’re talking about the trans* movement for social and legal equality. Thirty-four states can still deny employment, housing, or education to those who identify as transgender. What are the realities of those who live under the trans* label? Where are we seeing positives in education in activism? Join us at 10 or leave a comment at yourcallradio.org. What role should the government play in protecting trans* people? How far has society come in terms of accepting gender variance? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Mara Keisling, executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality
Matt Wood, attorney at the Transgender Law Center
Sam Davis, genderqueer and transgender activist
Transanarchism: Not Your Mom’s Trans 101
Trans Children's Book - When Kathy is Keith
New American Media: Screaming Queens and Queer Teens at First Pride Youth-Elders Brunch
Melissa Harris-Perry: Transgender in America
Think Progress: First trans Witness in Senate
The Atlantic: Transgender rights in the workplace still unclear