Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Today on Your Call: What are transgender people facing today?
On today's Your Call, we’re talking about the trans* movement for social and legal equality. Thirty-four states can still deny employment, housing, or education to those who identify as transgender. What are the realities of those who live under the trans* label? Where are we seeing positives in education in activism? Join us at 10 or leave a comment at yourcallradio.org. What role should the government play in protecting trans* people? How far has society come in terms of accepting gender variance? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Mara Keisling, executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality
Matt Wood, attorney at the Transgender Law Center
Sam Davis, genderqueer and transgender activist
Transanarchism: Not Your Mom’s Trans 101
Trans Children's Book - When Kathy is Keith
New American Media: Screaming Queens and Queer Teens at First Pride Youth-Elders Brunch
Melissa Harris-Perry: Transgender in America
Think Progress: First trans Witness in Senate
The Atlantic: Transgender rights in the workplace still unclear