Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Today on Your Call: What are the true costs of the US-led invasion of Iraq?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll mark the 10-year anniversary by talking about the costs of war. According to new research from the Watson Institute for International Studies, with future health and disability benefits for veterans and interest accrued, the real cost of the war could add up to $6 trillion dollars over the next four decades. How was this war funded and where’s the conversation about these astronomical costs? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Linda Bilmes, senior lecturer in public policy at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government
Neta Crawford, professor of political science at Boston University, co-director of the Costs of War project