Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: What can we do to bring bees and birds back to our gardens?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about local biodiversity. We recently did a show about the disappearing bees, which are needed to pollinate crops. Pollinators keep our ecosystems vibrant and healthy. So what can we do in our backyards and neighborhoods to make sure they thrive? What can we learn from places like Boston where pollinators are returning? What are you doing to create pollinator-friendly spaces? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and You.
Ellen Zagory, director of horticulture at the UC Davis Arboretum
Daniel Miller, director of Spiral Gardens Community Food Security Project
UC Berkeley: California Habitat Gardening Throughout the Year
Tribune: Bringing back the Bees
Natural Life: Plant a Pollinator Garden for Biodiversity,