Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Today on Your Call: What can we learn from observing birds?
On the next Your Call, we’ll speak with Jon Young, author of What the Robin Knows: How Birds Reveal the Secrets of the Natural World. Understanding bird language, says Young, leads us toward a deeper connection to animals…and to ourselves. What can we learn from paying closer attention to what other species are up to? Join us at 10am PST or post a comment here. How does bird-watching connect us to our surroundings? And why does it matter? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Jon Young, tracker, naturalist, and author of What the Robin Knows: How Birds Reveal the Secrets of the Natural World