Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Where is San Francisco's transportation system headed?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What can we learn from observing birds?
On the next Your Call, we’ll speak with Jon Young, author of What the Robin Knows: How Birds Reveal the Secrets of the Natural World. Understanding bird language, says Young, leads us toward a deeper connection to animals…and to ourselves. What can we learn from paying closer attention to what other species are up to? Join us at 10am PST or post a comment here. How does bird-watching connect us to our surroundings? And why does it matter? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Jon Young, tracker, naturalist, and author of What the Robin Knows: How Birds Reveal the Secrets of the Natural World