Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Single payer health care
Today on Your Call: What can we learn from states working to pass single payer?
On the next Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about single payer healthcare. Earlier this year, Senate Bill 810, which would have paved the way for universal health care coverage in California failed to pass. How would the plan work? Join us live at 10am PST or post your comments here. Do you support healthcare for all? What will it take to get there? It’s Your Call, with me, Rose Aguilar, and you.
Bill Skeen, executive director for Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP) California
Dr. Deborah Richter, family physician and president of Vermont Health Care for All
Christian Science Monitor: Obamacare is radical? Vermont thinks even bigger, with single-payer plan.
Sacramento Bee: Universal health care proposal stalls in California Senate