Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
Today on Your Call: What can we learn from UK Uncut?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll speak with the group that has successfully pressured multinationals to pay taxes. In the United States , the conversation is dominated by the deficit, while tax loopholes are rarely mentioned. A recent study found that tax havens cost state governments in the US $40 billion a year. What will it take to raise awareness about tax dodgers? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. How are tax havens affecting the economy? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Steve Wamhoff, legislative director with Citizens for Tax Justice
Liam Thompson, activist with UK Uncut
Carl Gibson, co-founder of US Uncut
Gan Golan, co-founder of the Flip The Debt Campaign
US PRIG: Corporate Tax Loopholes