Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: What can we learn from UK Uncut?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll speak with the group that has successfully pressured multinationals to pay taxes. In the United States , the conversation is dominated by the deficit, while tax loopholes are rarely mentioned. A recent study found that tax havens cost state governments in the US $40 billion a year. What will it take to raise awareness about tax dodgers? Join us at 10 or email email@example.com. How are tax havens affecting the economy? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Steve Wamhoff, legislative director with Citizens for Tax Justice
Liam Thompson, activist with UK Uncut
Carl Gibson, co-founder of US Uncut
Gan Golan, co-founder of the Flip The Debt Campaign
US PRIG: Corporate Tax Loopholes