Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What can we learn from what’s happening in Libya ?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Lindsey Hilsum, International Editor for Channel 4 News and the author of “Sandstorm: Sandstorm: Libya in the Time of Revolution." Hilsum chronicles events in Libya before, during and after the revolution through the eyes of Libyans. How did Libyans live under Ghadaffi’s autocratic rule? Join us at 10am PST or leave a comment here. Who is in power in Libya today? What do you want to know about Libya ? It’s Your Call, with Holly Kernan and you.
Lindsey Hilsum, the Channel 4 News International Editor, and regular contributor to the Sunday Times and the Guardian.
Gulf News: Where is the Libyan state?
Carol Huang, The National: Armed and jobless militias worry Libya deputy PM
Chris Stephen, The Observer: “After Gaddafi, Libya splits into disparate militia zones
Hadeel Al Shalchi and Ali Shuaib, Reuters: Bureaucracy clogs Libya's road to democracy