Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: What did "I have a dream” speech mean in 1963 and what does it mean today?
On the next Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with journalist and author Gary Younge about his new book, “The Speech: The Story Behind Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Dream.” Why has this speech enjoyed such widespread and lasting resonance? What do you remember from " I have a Dream" ? Join the conversation and ask your questions. It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Gary Younge, author, broadcaster and award-winning columnist for The Guardian, based in Chicago.
Gary Young event in San Francisco: From MLK to Trayvon Martin: The Fight Against Racism Continues, Thursday, August 8, 2013 - 7:00pm