Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What do data brokers know about you?
On today’s Your Call, we continue our Agenda for a New Economy series by looking at the companies that are making tens of millions of dollars by gathering and selling our personal information to marketing firms. Who are these data brokers and how do they get their hand on our personal information? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. How do you protect your personal information? How concerned are you about what companies know. It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar and you.
Lois Beckett, reporter with ProPublica
Adi Kamdar, activist with the Electronic Frontier Foundation
Ashkan Soltani, independent researcher and consultant specializing in consumer privacy and security on the Internet
Wall Street Journal: The Web's New Gold Mine: Your Secrets