Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
Today on Your Call: What do data brokers know about you?
On today’s Your Call, we continue our Agenda for a New Economy series by looking at the companies that are making tens of millions of dollars by gathering and selling our personal information to marketing firms. Who are these data brokers and how do they get their hand on our personal information? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. How do you protect your personal information? How concerned are you about what companies know. It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar and you.
Lois Beckett, reporter with ProPublica
Adi Kamdar, activist with the Electronic Frontier Foundation
Ashkan Soltani, independent researcher and consultant specializing in consumer privacy and security on the Internet
Wall Street Journal: The Web's New Gold Mine: Your Secrets