Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What do we need to know about the federal budget?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with National Priorities Project researcher Mattea Kramer about her new book, A People's Guide to the Federal Budget. The US government plans to spend $3.6 trillion next year. Where does the money come from and how is it spent? And who receives the largest portion of federal funds? Join us at 10am PST or leave a comment here. How much do you know about the federal budget? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Mattea Kramer, senior research analyst with the National Priorities Project
Salon.com: Even more bloated than you think
TomDispatch.com: How Much Does Washington Spend on "Defense"?