Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Richmond mom brings literacy to laundromats
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: What do you need to know about Obamacare?
On today’sYour Call, we’ll continue our series on health care. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, five million people have now signed up for insurance through government exchanges. That number could reach six million by the March 31stdeadline. Who has joined the new healthcare plan? What questions do you still have about how you’ll be affected by the Affordable Care Act? And how concerned should we be about rising premiums? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar and you.
Laurel Lucia, policy analyst at the UC Berkeley Labor Center, where she has been doing research related to the Affordable Care Act for more than four years. She joins us in studio.
Emily Bazar, senior writer with the Center for Health Reporting and is based in Sacramento
Sacramento Bee: Obamacare’s ‘kid glitch’