Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: What does the Made in California label mean?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about efforts to promote products manufactured in California. California Senator Majority Leader Ellen Corbett of San Leandro recently introduced legislation to require Governor Jerry Brown’s business development office, to come up with a plan to promote California-manufactured products. What does made in California mean? And how strong is the Made in California manufacturing sector? It’s your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Katie Quan, associate chair of the Labor Center at University of California, Berkeley Berkeley
Richard Walker, professor Emeritus Department of Geography at University of California, Berkeley