Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What does the Made in California label mean?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about efforts to promote products manufactured in California. California Senator Majority Leader Ellen Corbett of San Leandro recently introduced legislation to require Governor Jerry Brown’s business development office, to come up with a plan to promote California-manufactured products. What does made in California mean? And how strong is the Made in California manufacturing sector? It’s your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Katie Quan, associate chair of the Labor Center at University of California, Berkeley Berkeley
Richard Walker, professor Emeritus Department of Geography at University of California, Berkeley