Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
The Waiting Room
Today on Your Call: What does the reality of our public hospitals tell us about our society?
On today's Your Call, we’ll speak with Peter Nicks, maker of the new film, “The Waiting Room,” about a day in the life Oakland’s Highland Hospital. Mitt Romney has said the ER will provide health care for those without insurance. But what’s the reality of the public ER? If you’ve spent time at Highland or any other public hospital, what was your experience? Join us at 10am Pacific or post a comment here. It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Peter Nicks, producer and director of documentary film, The Waiting Room
Melissa Stafford Jones, president and CEO of the California Association of Public Hosptials and Health Centers
Film website: The Waiting Room
The Washington Post: Romney: Uninsured have emergency rooms