Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Arts & Culture
Today on Your Call: What does ‘sacred land’ mean in the 21st century?
On today's Your Call, we’ll speak with the makers of a new film series, Standing on Sacred Ground, which looks at how indigenous communities are fighting to protect their sacred lands and waters for future generations. What does sacred land mean to you? And in the face of increasing development, how do we protect the places we care about? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and You.
Christopher (Toby) McLeod, producer/director of the four-part film series, Standing on Sacred Ground
Caleen Sisk, chief and spiritual leader the Winnemem Wintu tribe in Northern California