Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Today on Your Call: What Does The Vietnam War Reveal About the US Military?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Nick Turse, author of “Kill Anything That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam.” Turse argues that violence against Vietnamese noncombatants was not exceptional. It was pervasive and systematic. 30,000 books have been written about Vietnam. What do we still need to know about that war? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Nick Turse, a historian, journalist, essayist and the associate editor and research director of the Nation Institute's Tomdispatch.com
Washington Post: I killed people in Afghanistan. Was I right or wrong?