Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: What Does The Vietnam War Reveal About the US Military?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Nick Turse, author of “Kill Anything That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam.” Turse argues that violence against Vietnamese noncombatants was not exceptional. It was pervasive and systematic. 30,000 books have been written about Vietnam. What do we still need to know about that war? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Nick Turse, a historian, journalist, essayist and the associate editor and research director of the Nation Institute's Tomdispatch.com
Washington Post: I killed people in Afghanistan. Was I right or wrong?