Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What economic changes would you like to see?
On today’s Your Call, we'll have a conversation with veteran journalists Donald Barlett and James Steele, authors of The Betrayal of the American Dream. They argue that since the 1980s, the ruling elite, with the help of Republican and Democratic politicians, have sold their business-friendly reforms to the American people in the name of economic efficiency. Instead, the middle class has been systematically impoverished. Join us at 10am PST or post your comment here. What will it take to achieve equity and prosperity for everyone? It's Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
James Steele, contributing editor of Vanity Fair, former journalist for Time, The Philadelphia Inquirer and Kansas City Times
Donald Barlett, contributing editor of Vanity Fair, former journalist for Time, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Chicago Daily News and Cleveland Plain Dealer
Commonwealth Club: Donald L. Barlett and James B. Steele : "The Betrayal of the American Dream"