Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: What explains the decline of middle class?
On the next Your Call, we'll have a conversation with veteran journalists Donald Barlett and James Steele, authors of "The Betrayal of the American Dream." They argue that since the 1980s, the ruling elite, with the help of Republican and Democratic politicians, have sold their business-friendly reforms to the American people in the name of economic efficiency. Instead, the middle class has been systematically impoverished. Join us live at 10 or send an email email@example.com. What will it take to achieve equity and prosperity for everyone? It's your Call with Rose Aguilar and you.
Donald Barlett and James Steele, investigative reporters and contributors to Vanity Fair
Rolling Stone: The Sharp, Sudden Decline of America's Middle Class