Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
Militarization of police
Today on Your Call: What explains the militarization of police forces in the US?
On today's Your Call we’ll talk about the escalating use of military weapons and tactics by police departments. Reporter Radley Balko, says, “Police militarization is now an ingrained part of American culture.” We’re seeing local police dressed in riot gear use stun grenades and rubber coated bullets on demonstrators. How did we get here? And how is this affecting the relationship between police departments and local communities? Join us at 10 or email email@example.com. What’s an appropriate use of force? It’s Your Call with Matt Martin, and you.
Norm Stamper, former Seattle police chief
Radley Balko, investigative reporter for the Huffington Post
Ali Winston, freelance investigative reporter